Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year, from An Awfully Big Blog Adventure - John Dougherty

Happy New Year!

I expect some of you are still in bed and fast asleep. I expect I am, too. It's lovely being able to schedule posts in advance. Of course, it means I have no idea what sort of New Year's I had, since I haven't actually had it yet. But I'm sure it was great.

You might have noticed that we took a longer than usual Christmas break this time around. We're back now, stuffed full of turkey or the vegetarian equivalent and ready to hit the new year running.

This year we're posting on Sundays too, so in 2013 every day will be an Awfully Big Blog day! We hope you'll join us, and point your friends here for our awfully big mix of wisdom, wit & whimsy from our current roster of 30 contributors. And if you missed yesterday's close-of-year post by Penny Dolan, do take a look at it now!

 I hope 2013's good for you. I'm looking forward to it. In January, I'll be:
  •  writing most of a book
  • getting established in my new position as an official Patron of Reading at a primary school - more news on that soon
  • trying to organise my life a bit better and spend more time with my family
  • getting out running a little more
 How about you?

 John's website is at www.visitingauthor.com.
He's on twitter as @JohnDougherty8

His most recent books include:






Finn MacCool and the Giant's Causeway - a retelling for the Oxford Reading Tree
Bansi O'Hara and the Edges of Hallowe'en
Zeus Sorts It Out - "A sizzling comedy... a blast for 7+" , and one of The Times' Children's Books of 2011, as chosen by Amanda Craig

2 comments:

Nicola Morgan said...

Happy New Year, John! OK, since you asked, here's what I'm looking forward to this month:

1. Like you, getting stuck in as Patron of Reading, in my case at a secondary school in Scotland.
2. Joining you for my first meeting on the Children's Writers' and Illustrators' Group of the Soc of Authors.
3. Preparing far too many events, including a new one on teenage stress.
4. Starting a new novel, set in the Blitz.
5. POSSibly hearing news about a proposed project, also about teenage stress. Fingers crossed :)
6. Going to the gym a few times.
7. Making a decision about something.

Happy writing, working, and playing to all of us! And thank you to you and the other ABBA leaders for all you do. :)




Penny Dolan said...

Good to hear your resolutions too, Nicola, and Happy New Year. You & John sound very nicely determined.